At East Bergholt we aim to provide every student the opportunity to meet their potential. We hope to help students to become effective citizens as part of our school and the wider community. We believe that this involves students making good academic progress, whilst at the same time developing social and personal qualities.
For our pupil premium students our aims are to
- Improve academic outcomes for individual students who are disadvantaged
- Offer a range of opportunities to students who are disadvantaged to broaden their experiences and raise their aspirations both in school and beyond
- Offer all disadvantaged students a curriculum that is challenging yet suited to their individual needs.
- Promote the wellbeing of all students who are, or have been, disadvantaged.
- Ensure a high rate of attendance from all students who are disadvantaged.
- Ensure students who are at a disadvantage have a positive attitude to learning and avoid exclusions which will disrupt their learning.
At East Bergholt we recognise that many students have barriers which may impact on progress at school. Students eligible for this additional funding may also experience these barriers. These includeAcademic barriers
- Making less than expected progress at primary school
- Weak literacy
- Weak numeracy
- Support with learning at home
- Access to learning aids such as books and revision guides
- Access to vital equipment such as calculators, art supplies etc.
- Access to extra support from tutors
- Access to specialist support such as music tuition
- Unable to attend extra study at school due to transport issues
- Mid year joiner
- Lack of ICT access beyond school
Social and Emotional Barriers
- Anxieties about being at school
- Difficulties establishing friendships
- Social issues which impact on behaviour and/or attendance at school
- Lack of enrichment activities outside of school
- Difficult family circumstances
- Low self-esteem and / or limited aspirations
- Unable to attend extra-curricular activities due to transport issues
- Young Carer
Pupil Premium Strategy